Monday, March 25, 2013
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Today's Creativity Club blog prompt is all about things that make you smile. SO I couldn't resist sharing this little vid that Mrs Collins and I created today all about a sneak peek of next week's Club download! It's always a scream filming stuff with Em, and shockingly we managed this in one take! It's a bit Jamie Oliver-esque!
Monday, May 07, 2012
Originally uploaded by *karlotta*
Today I'm catching up on a couple of the Creativity Club blog prompts. Yesterday's was to blog a favourite photo and with these little people pottering around the garden at the moment, who could resist!
Inevitably they will be making an appearance on a layout very soon!
It's also worth mentioning that this shot was taken with my new Fuji X10 camera. It's a super-clever compact, but produces great image quality! Perfect for those times you can't lump a hefty DSLR kit around!
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Day 1 - 5 reasons why you should craft.
1. It's fun. Seriously in these busy, busy (and stressful) times it's enough that something is fun. Whether you work full time in a high pressure job or juggle kids (also a full time job I'm sure!) it's the perfect antidote. Of course crafting is a wonderfully broad hobby. You might try card making or scrapbooking (my own personal poisons) or branch into knitting, crochet, sewing or baking. Each of these is a fabulous stress reliever and the beauty of them is unlike playing golf or potholing, you can squeeze them into an already busy schedule (plus they are rather cheaper too!).
2. You can make the most of what you already have. I'm sure all of us have a digital camera (possibly several and probably one on your mobile phone), and as such you most likely have a glut of photos sadly languishing on your hard drive. Scrapbooking takes your pictures from a fun day out....
... and turns them into a wonderful keepsake to be sure the memories are not lost.
3. Crafting turns a simple gift into something special. Giving a box of 'homegrown' eggs to a friend as a thank you or a stocking filler is all well and good, but it's even more special when you dress it up to show you really care!
4. It's about making something for you. While making a card or gift, you inevitably have to think at least a little bit about the tastes of the recipient. But for pretty much everything else you can just please yourself. Use exactly what you want to use in exactly the ways you choose to use them. Clashing colours, excessive lashings of embellishments, plaint slapped on or extreme minimalism. As long as it's pleasing to your eye then you've succeeded. You can't say that about many things in life.
5. Crafting is cool. Much like a fez, crafting is cool. It's social, versatile and so on-trend at the moment. Seemingly every TV celebrity is gagging to craft. Kirstie Allsopp brought it to the masses in her recent series and in uncertain financial times, make do and mend and 'upcycling' are the hottest buzzwords of the moment.
If you're a fellow Creativity Clubber, (or even if you're not!) leave me a comment with a link to your blog and I'd love to come along and read your reasons for crafting!
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Cath Kidston dog collar almost makes me wish my girls were a bit smaller! There's no way this is going to fit a Newfie!
These amazing underwater dog photos by photographer Seth Casteel.... Simply awesome.
And of course there is craft...I'm seemingly surrounded by doggy craft goodies at the mo. With Boofle and Hot Diggity Dog, I've been totally spoilt for choice...
I'm loving the Boofle fabric paper and buttons...
And Diggity is just too cute! Check out this cute bag by Jenny P...
What are your top doggie things at the moment?